Head of Communications, Africa50 - Applications Open
- Position: Head of Communications, Africa50 - Applications Open
- Location: Casablanca
To lead and manage Africa50’s communications Strategy in support of its mission to contribute to Africa Growth through investments in Infrastructure. Oversee all external and internal communications ensuring they are well-written, “on message” and aligned to Africa50’s strategy.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and leading the activities of the Communications Unit
- Leading and having oversight responsibility for the Communications team
- Acting as the firm’s spokesperson on the instructions of the COO and CEO when required
- Advising the COO and Senior Management on public relations and communication issues within and outside the organisation
- Supervising the implementation of Africa50’s communication strategy, especially in key areas of: localised communications; ‘results-based’ communications; and strong and consistent branding
- Enhancing knowledge and communications to key public and specific groups in regional and non-regional member countries and planning, preparing and implementing information programmes to keep them informed of Africa50’s activities, projects and achievements
- Preparing and implementing communication & PR programs to support Africa50’s activities in this area, through the publication of articles and speeches, dissemination of audio visual materials, attendance at events and conferences, organization of exhibitions, etc.
- Ensuring the production and distribution of high quality and informative brochures, publications, press reviews, audio-visual as well as electronic documents for the media and public to enhance Afirca50’s image, and maintaining good and close working relations with all key media companies
- Preparing and disseminating press releases, as well as organizing and conducting press conferences and seminars as well as PR and communications support to Shareholder meetings
- Producing bulletins, information circulars, as well as other publications on Africa50 activities for regular circulation to all staff, so as to enhance understanding of Management’s objectives and initiatives
- Implementing Africa50’s information disclosure policy and ensuring that information about the Bank reaches its various audiences through the appropriate channels.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A strong track record of relevant and progressive experience (including being in a managerial position) in senior communications fields (corporate, non-profit and/or foundation) including public relations, journalism, marketing or related area
- Knowledge of the media and ability to work well with representatives from its different sectors
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to implement and monitor mass communication programs and campaigns
- Media relations training and experience, with the ability to detect and monitor emerging media interest in a matter and manage issues of media interest that affect Africa50 and its diverse audiences
- Exceptional writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, with a portfolio demonstrating published works and high-level creative, thoughtful and polished printed communications collateral.
Academic and professional qualification
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Understanding of and experience with various media software tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Fluent English and French.
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities
- Diligent and process oriented
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop staff
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development
- Willingness to travel extensively.