Senior/Principal Project Developer, Africa50 - Applications Closed
- Position: Senior/Principal Project Developer, Africa50 - Applications Closed
- Location: Casablanca
The Senior/Principal Project Developer role is to provide leadership, management and technical support to ensure the effective development and increased number of bankable projects for Africa50 PD.
- Work across all the infrastructure sectors
- Develop a strong pipeline of project development investment opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge
- Execute Africa50’s project development investments with a strong focus on achieving bankable projects
- Lead negotiation for infrastructure project documents, including Concession Agreements, Purchase Agreements, EPC Contracts, O&M Agreements, Supply Agreements, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the power, transport and utilities sectors, including markets, major operators and technologies
- Have a good understanding of project and concession financing, policy issues, license conditions, tariff regimes and privatizations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local/regional/global infrastructure companies, banking and multilateral partners, suppliers and government officials to further develop the sector, to build consensus around project proposals and develop bankable projects
- Lead and manage project teams, mentor and develop junior staff
- Represent Africa50 in project steering committees and governance bodies, as decided by Africa50 management
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Significant relevant work experience: At least 10 years’ development experience in private or PPP infrastructure projects; Work experience as project developer in the power or transport industries in challenging environments is a plus
- Knowledge of overall infrastructure sector trends; experience in emerging markets especially Africa is a plus
- Strong knowledge of project management and governance, experience in an infrastructure project company during construction and/or operation phase, at senior management level is a plus
- Strong business and project development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively and identify potential business partners
- Ability to generate senior government officials’ support and to create sufficient trust and confidence between investors and governments while developing bankable project structures
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus
- Experience of successfully mentoring/developing junior investment and/or development staff
- Operational experience of implementation of commonly used environmental and social standards in the infrastructure sector; genuine commitment to sustainable development.
Academic and professional qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent
- MBA, MSc or equivalent qualification
- Deep understanding of large scale project development
- Knowledge of how investments are structured
- Strong understanding of project and concession finance
- Sound knowledge of legal, policy, tax and regulatory matters
- Fluent English (French is a plus)
- Technical understanding of the power, transport and utilities sectors.
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop staff
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.