Senior Legal Counsel - Transactions
- Position: Senior Legal Counsel - Transactions
- Location: Casablanca
- Contact: email@example.com
The Transactional Lawyer will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing legal advice to transactional deal teams in connection with equity and quasi-equity investments and other types of investment transactions
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation and engaging in due diligence
- Negotiating with external counterparties
- Supervising outside counsel
- Other items to be determined by the General Counsel from time to time
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- At least 7 years post-qualification experience at a top-tier transactional law firm is required.
- Substantial experience as an in-house counsel with a company that engages in investment transactions in emerging markets is preferred.
- Significant experience in equity investment transactions required.
- Experience in equity investments in infrastructure transactions is strongly preferred.
- Experience in emerging markets equity transactions is strongly preferred.
- Experience in fund formation and management is helpful.
- Experience in infrastructure project financing is helpful.
- Exemplary writing skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to identify, assess and summarize legal, regulatory, commercial and operational risks
- Business oriented.
- Detail oriented, with an ability to distinguish among issues of varying priority
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities
- Team player
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Superior written and verbal communication skills in English. A working knowledge of French is preferable, but not required.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a full CV together with a supporting statement, briefly highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be acknowledged.