Senior Risk Management Officer, Africa50
- Position: Senior Risk Management Officer, Africa50
- Location: Casablanca - Morocco
The Senior Risk Management Officer will partner with the business leadership team to ensure that risks are identified and considered in the development of the strategic vision, and proactively managed to balance both the risk and rewards of the business. He /she is responsible for increasing the Risk & Control maturity of the organization to the required level.
The Senior Risk Management Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Sets the strategic risk management vision and is charged with delivering that strategy
- Oversees and monitors all risk management activities of the organization
- Develops Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework
- Ensures the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations and strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Coordinate risk assessments, identifying strategic, operational, compliance and reporting risks
- Lead risk workshops with senior management
- Monitors, analyzes and aggregates risks within the organization and reports on these risks to the management
- Ensure that business risks are sufficiently mitigated by policies, procedures and controls
- Pro-actively identify and implement internal control improvements, including the design of a financial internal control framework
- Plan, develop, recommend, coordinate and implement financial risk management policies and strategies, as well as design management techniques to achieve risk management goals
- Implement education and training to ensure employees have adequate awareness and understanding of internal control standards
- Contribute to an environment that is conducive to openly discussing risk at all staff levels throughout the agency
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in Business Economics and/or financial engineering background. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of which at least 6-8 years at a management level
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) with proven exposure to senior leadership
- Good time management, project management, analytical skills
- Self-starter, independent
- In-depth experience with knowledge and understanding of Risk Management
- Sensitivity for balancing Risk Management with business opportunities
- Should be proficient in evaluating controls through established frameworks
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong relationship to Africa - whether it be origin or a demonstrated long-term interest/commitment. Existing relationships in Africa are a plus.
Additional Information on the position and How to Apply
Africa50 is headquartered in Casablanca - Morocco, and will enjoy all privileges and immunities granted to international organizations. Staff of the organization will be expected to reside and work in Casablanca, Morocco. Africa50 will provide internationally competitive remuneration and benefits package
This position reports to the CEO, if you are interested in this position, please send your updated resume to email@example.com
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.