Summer Internship Position, Investment Team, Project Development - Applications now closed
- Position: Summer Internship Position, Investment Team, Project Development - Applications now closed
Africa50 is an infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa's growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalyzing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding.
Africa50 has raised over US$850 million so far from 27 African governments, the African Development Bank, and institutional investors, and intends to reach a target capitalization of US$3 billion. It operates as a commercial financial institution, seeking to deliver an attractive return to its investors.
The Project Development department invests in early to late stage project development, typically acting as co-investor and strategic partner alongside lead sponsors and actively contributing to project development to bring them to financial close. The primary target sectors are energy and transport, with ICT and water infrastructure sectors also eligible for investment consideration.
Objective of the Internship
This internship allows you to be a part of the growth story of a dynamic and growing pan-african organization. You will learn the fundamentals of infrastructure project development / project finance and improve your financial modelling skills, within an entrepreneurial environment. Interns are fully integrated in the team and have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects.
- Build and maintain project finance models
- Conduct industry, market and company research
- Assist in the execution of Africa50’s project development investments
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences
- Assist in all aspects of Africa50’s project lifecycle from project development to disbursement
- Support the investment team in non-core investment activities (marketing, corporate initiatives, etc.)
- Prior experience in the power or transport sector - IPP, transport project development , investment bank, infrastructure fund, transaction advisory , or strategy consulting firms
- Due to graduate within 12 months with an MBA, MsC or Bachelor (or equivalent) from a Tier 1 university
- Positive attitude
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic – this role will regularly require late nights/weekends/travel
- High initiative
- Clarity of thought and action
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Demonstrated interest / experience in emerging markets, and specifically Africa
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Understanding of project finance including PPP project structuring is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, French a plus)
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with partners and colleagues;
- Culturally sensitive, able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
Duration and location
- 3 to 6-month internships offered
- Position based in Casablanca, Morocco with travel within Sub-Saharan Africa
If you are interested in this position, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org