Accounting Officer, Africa50 - Applications Closed
- Position: Accounting Officer, Africa50 - Applications Closed
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
This role is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and development of an accurate and efficient Accounting workflow and procedures for Africa50 Project Finance and Africa50 Project Development. This role does not have people management responsibilities.
Description of Tasks
Under the supervision of the Financial Controller and the CFO:
- Ensure that the company complies with the accounting and financial rules as per Africa50 guidelines.
- Close the period every month after having verified all balances and accounts and after having posted any possible corrections.
- Ensure reconciliation of all balance sheet items on a monthly basis.
- Ensure Bank reconciliation is performed on a monthly basis.
- Submit all reportings as required by the Head of department.
- Assist in all audit visits with auditors whether it is an audit questionnaire, interim audit, or yearend audit.
- Ensure that previous audit comments are not reported again, and new comments kept to a minimum.
- Ensure up to date knowledge on local rules and regulations in everything related to accounting, tax, VAT etc.
- Make sure that all existing and new accounting procedures are regularly verified and tested for clear audit trails and fraud-proof.
- Report any possible ‘holes’ in the audit trail to the Head of department.
- Report any possible fraud to the Head of department.
- Assist the Head of department in any accounting, financial, administrative, or organizational issue when required.
- Discuss possible problems with colleagues, so that the organization can continue in a business-like, energetic and unhampered manner in case of travelling or illness.
- Take initiatives for proper, timely action in all matters.
- Ensure constant care in all matters.
- Endeavour to submit proposals for improvements and cost savings in all aspects within the fields of responsibility.
- Focused and rigorous + years in a renowned international audit firm.
- Looking for demonstrated academic excellence.
- Finance related Masters and Bachelor degrees
- Strong relationship to Africa - whether it be origin or a demonstrated long-term interest/commitment.
- Existing relationships in Africa are a plus
- English and French are a must
Additional Information on the position, and How to Apply
Africa50 is headquartered in Casablanca - Morocco, and will enjoy all privileges and immunities granted to international organizations. Staff of the organization will be expected to reside and work in Casablanca, Morocco. Africa50 will provide internationally competitive remuneration and benefits package.
This position has no direct reports.
If you are interested in this position, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.