Project Development Associate, Investments Team, Project Development - Applications now closed
- Position: Project Development Associate, Investments Team, Project Development - Applications now closed
Africa50 is an infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa's growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalyzing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding.
Africa50 has raised over US$850 million so far from 27 African governments, the African Development Bank, and institutional investors, and intends to reach a target capitalization of US$3 billion. It operates as a commercial financial institution, seeking to deliver an attractive return to its investors.
The Project Development department invests in early to late stage project development, typically acting as strategic partner alongside lead sponsors and actively contributing to project development to bring them to financial close. The primary target sectors are energy, and transport, but other infrastructure sectors such as ICT and water are also eligible on a case by case basis.
- Coordinate project development activities for the Kenya based project as the on-ground monitoring resource.
- Conduct industry and market research, gauge potential opportunities in the market.
- Assist in collection of data, prepare project-related documents and associated materials for internal and external audiences
- Coordinate meetings with Kenya client and Head Office (HO), prepare briefs for missions and participate as required.
- Coordinate with local consultants, monitor project activities as per the development schedule, prepare timesheets/ reports to HO as required
- Support the investment team in non-core investment activities (marketing, corporate initiatives, conferences etc.) as relates to Kenya.
- Prior experience working in a business development/sales/project management or operations role at a global corporation, govt. agency, development bank, transaction advisory firm, or consulting firm
- Bachelors/Masters with 3-4 years work experience.
- Positive attitude
- High initiative
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to travel and be available on site
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Demonstrated interest / experience Africa, and specifically Kenya
- Strong business development and analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with partners and colleagues
- Understanding of project development finance and power sector a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, Swahili a plus)
Duration and location
Two-year term consulting contract
Position based in Nairobi, Kenya
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your updated resume to email@example.com
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.