Senior Procurement and Portfolio Performance Officer - Applications now closed
- Position: Senior Procurement and Portfolio Performance Officer - Applications now closed
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Reporting to the CFO, this role is in charge of Portfolio monitoring, valuation and reporting and also responsible for establishing, developing and owning the procurement and purchasing function in Africa50 as well as driving organizational compliance towards procurement/purchasing processes.
The Senior Procurement and Portfolio Performance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
Portfolio Performance and monitoring main duties
- Supervise and coordinate the portfolio monitoring of A50-PF and A5-PD under the guidance of the CFO;
- Built and maintain a comprehensive investment database for the purpose of portfolio monitoring, valuation and reporting;
- Work with investment teams to facilitate and ensure the maintenance and integrity of the investment data;
- Coordinate the Investment Committee (IC) Portfolio Review meetings;
- Establish regular portfolio reporting to the IC, the management and the Board;
- Coordinate the Portfolio Investments’ Valuation exercise;
- Facilitate interactions between Finance, Investment Teams, Head of Risk and Legal Teams on subjects related to investment data, monitoring and valuation.
Procurement main duties
- Ensure that the company complies with the procurement policy at all times;
- Develop a procurement strategy that identifies which existing suppliers are preferred, essential, or to be de-sourced along with where opportunity suppliers may exist and the strategy to bring them on-board;
- Manage the procurement process, including issuing and managing requests for proposal, and contract and scope of work negotiations while ensuring they are in line with business needs;
- Collaborate with business partners across our organization helping them to effect purchasing transactions, challenging them where necessary to maximize profitability and efficiency of the business;
- Critically review and drive improvement in processes for purchase orders, vendor selection, and systems to create a best in class procurement function;
- Develop sourcing initiatives and cost reduction strategies to assist the business in delivering measurable cost savings especially in dealing with consultants and third party suppliers.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- At least 8 years’ experience in finance or consulting, ideally with at least 5 years working with investment funds;
- Ideally engineering background complemented with MBA;
- Database and ERP knowledge;
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Knowledge of Portfolio Management and Procurement processes;
- Ability to create portfolio reporting and valuation documents;
- Understanding of current trends, developments, and theories in portfolio valuation, and infrastructure development and financing in emerging markets and in Africa in particular;
- Ability to work and interact with investment teams as well as the other functions within the organization
- Sound understanding of the business and procurement needs with proven capacity to innovate, promote and direct change initiatives;
Executing for Results
- Must be result autonomous, result oriented, self-motivated and possess the ability to combine both “hands on,” strategy and policy issues;
- Demonstrable experience executing organizational transformational change and improvement of processes;
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of performance across functions in a multicultural and distributed organization;
Willingness to learn and build know-how within a short period of time
- Shows interest in learning and development for him/herself and the team Is curious and inquisitive
- Is open to feedback and takes action for development
Very high ability to adapt to different cultures (country, professional/team cultures)
- Shows respect to other cultures
- Has availability to integrate others, without discrimination Can adjust his/her behavior to fit other cultures;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
Additional Information on the position and how to apply
Africa50 is headquartered in Casablanca - Morocco, and enjoys all privileges and immunities granted to international organizations. Staff of the organization will be expected to reside and work in Casablanca, Morocco. Africa50 will provide internationally competitive remuneration and benefits package.
This position reports to the CFO and has no direct reports.
If you are interested in this position, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.