Leadership et Équipe
Rencontrez notre équipe dirigeante et diversifiée de professionnels.
Vision et Valeurs
Africa50 est une plateforme d'investissement dans les infrastructures de premier plan qui accélère la livraison de projets privés critiques et de partenariats public-privé.
Structure de gouvernance
Nous cherchons à garantir l'indépendance et la qualité de nos investissements grâce à une gouvernance et une gestion solides.
Assistant spécial du Président du Conseil d'administration F/H
Africa50 is an investment platform, focused exclusively on Africa's infrastructure investment opportunities. It is an independent, profit-driven, commercially managed entity that provides a means for private sector investors to bring capital to infrastructure development, while securing a commercial return. Africa50 is focusing on large-scale, transformative, commercially and developmentally sustainable infrastructure projects. It prioritizes investments in high-impact national and regional projects in the energy, transport, information communication technology and midstream gas sectors. Africa50 - Project Development seeks to increase the number of bankable infrastructure projects. It invests early-stage equity and quasi-equity and engages with stakeholders throughout the deal cycle with the aim of accelerating project implementation. Africa50 - Project Finance engages stakeholders near to or after financial close. It provides equity and quasi-equity with flexible exit options. Africa50 leverages shareholders countries’ capital commitment to mobilize long-term savings from within and outside Africa. The result should be a significant contribution to efforts that ensure sustained economic growth on the African continent.
Africa50 is hiring a Special Assistant for the Chairman of the Boards of Directors, who currently is Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina (the “Chairman”). The selected candidate will support the Chairman on Africa50 matters, act as liaison between the Chairman and Africa50. The position requires a high level of professional maturity, great interpersonal skills and a capacity to be hands-on. Qualified candidates will ideally have over six years of professional post-MBA/relevant degree, experience in finance or management consulting, as well as a good understanding of the infrastructure investment space. Candidates should have a solid record of accomplishments and strong performance, sound judgment, strong organizational abilities and excellent oral and written communication (in both English and French). Additionally, the role requires great people skills, an excellent ability to interact with senior executives and officials, including the ability to work across boundaries, as a leader as well as a team member. The ability to be discreet and handle confidential information is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the successful applicant will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing assistance to the Chairman and the Senior Advisor to the Chairman on all matters relating to Africa50's operations, including Africa50 Board and Shareholder interactions.
- Providing input, analysis, and recommendations on issues brought to the Chairman’s office for information or action.
- Coordinating with the Chairman on all Africa50 meetings requiring the Chairman’s attendance.
- Ensuring that the Chairman is adequately briefed, informed and prepared for Africa50 Board meetings, General Shareholders Meetings, and other of important issues as they arise.
- Maintaining regular contact, both informally and formally, with the Senior Advisor, Africa50’s CEO, Corporate Secretary, and other members of the senior leadership team to stay abreast of emerging issues requiring the Chairman’s attention and establishing a program of systematic interaction and follow-up. Following-up on actions, decisions, and commitments made by the Chairman.
- Drafting or assisting in drafting responses to Shareholders, Ministerial and Stakeholder correspondences and reviewing and/or providing guidance for briefs, speeches, and drafting talking points for a wide spectrum of meetings/events involving Africa50.
- Providing a broad range of analytical and liaison functions.
- Working effectively with Africa50’s and AfDB’s communications team to help manage any communications, public relations and media outreach involving Africa50 and in which the Chairman is involved.
Selection Criteria, Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent qualification;
- Have at least six (6) years' post MBA/Graduate degree experience in finance or management consulting in the field of infrastructure investment or relevant field;
- Ability to produce high-quality work with very short deadlines, effectively prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and adapt to unexpected work demands;
- Highly developed communication and diplomatic skills (written and oral) to effectively share views at the highest levels and communicate effectively with staff at all levels;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and logistical skills, with keen attention to detail and an ability to follow-up systematically on a broad set of initiatives and decisions;
- Be responsive to demands of internal and external stakeholders;
- Possess strong initiative and record of performance with low supervisory requirements to function effectively as a team member in an unstructured and high-pressure work environment;
- Possess superior interpersonal skills, including an ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relationships with all stakeholders;
- Able to make decisions quickly, often with incomplete information;
- Possess a high degree of tact and discretion in dealing with internal and external clients, staff at all levels, and in handling confidential and sensitive information;
- Able to work long hours, as needed, and to travel extensively;
- Be highly motivated and committed to highest ethical standards; and
- Be fluent in both English and French.
Additional Information on the Position
Africa50 is headquartered in Casablanca, Morocco and will enjoy all privileges and immunities granted to international organizations. The Chairman is based in AfDB offices in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
This position is expected to be in Abidjan, with extensive travels to Casablanca to facilitate smooth interaction between the Chairman’s office and Africa50.
Africa50 will provide internationally competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a full CV together with a supporting statement, briefly highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role, to email@example.com. Please include the role title in the subject of your e-mail. All applications will be acknowledged.