Leadership et Équipe
Rencontrez notre équipe dirigeante et diversifiée de professionnels.
Vision et Valeurs
Africa50 est une plateforme d'investissement dans les infrastructures de premier plan qui accélère la livraison de projets privés critiques et de partenariats public-privé.
Structure de gouvernance
Nous cherchons à garantir l'indépendance et la qualité de nos investissements grâce à une gouvernance et une gestion solides.
Senior Advisor: Transmission PPP Specialist - Applications now closed
- Position: Senior Advisor: Transmission PPP Specialist - Applications now closed
Africa50’s mandate includes the development, structuring of, and financing PPP projects in collaboration with its shareholder governments, delivering commercially viable bankable transactions at international standards. Africa50 is seeking a “Senior Advisor/Transmission PPP Specialist” who has a strong technical expertise and knowledge of global best practices in the transmission sector to assist in the development and design of a PPP Project in Kenya.
The Specialist’s responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing ToR’s of Technical sponsor, assisting in evaluation and onboarding of technical consultants
- Reviewing project assumptions and assessing whether they are technically and commercially viable;
- Assessing the studies currently available: identifying additional data needed and recommending changes that will provide value for money;
- Assessing chosen approach to PPP and whether any aspect of that approach will conflict with available or required procurement, contracting and financing structures;
- Identifying other contractual and commercial relationships in the sector or related to the sector and how those relationships will interface with the PPP project;
- Participating in drafting and finalization of the various agreements e.g., Concession Agreement, Transmission Service Agreement, Shareholders Agreement, O&M agreement etc. to enable financing;
- Providing advice and input to the preparation of related advisory TORs;
- Overseeing, the conduct of detailed surveys and environmental and social assessments (ESA) by independent consultants;
- Overseeing, together with Africa50, the conduct of independent preliminary survey, for various options of the transmission line routing and substation locations; recommend the routing and location with least environmental and social challenges, with emphasis on minimizing land and right of way acquisition;
- Supporting in preparing for discussions and negotiations with stakeholders (including GOK / KETRACO / KPLC etc.) and other investors as needed;
- Assisting in obtaining the approvals of Lenders’ Engineer (on techno-economic aspects) and Lenders’ Environmental Advisor (on ESA aspects) to facilitate debt financing;
- Providing any advice needed by the Sponsor regarding the structure of the Project and design issues in connection with the Project.
- Minimum 15 years of industry experience, in the PPP and ITP – power transmission sector within:
- A transmission company or broader utility / concessions company that develops, owns, or operates transmission projects
- Specialty transmission infrastructure contracting company
- Public utility or transmission sector regulator
- The transmissions infrastructure department in a Development Finance Institution or external advisory firm
- Transmission sector consultancy
- Hold a degree in Engineering
- Strong understanding of PPP project structuring and project finance
- Demonstrated track record of designing and executing at least three Independent Power Transmission transactions (IPT experience in Latin America and/or South- SE Asia a plus)
- Fluent in English
- Strong client skills with proven exposure to government agencies and senior leadership
- Good time management, project management, analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with sponsors, partners and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus
- Self-starter, independent
- Strong interest in Africa - demonstrated long-term interest/ commitment and existing relationships in Africa are a plus
- Consultant / part time basis
- 5~6 days a month throughout the project duration