Leadership et Équipe
Rencontrez notre équipe dirigeante et diversifiée de professionnels.
Vision et Valeurs
Africa50 est une plateforme d'investissement dans les infrastructures de premier plan qui accélère la livraison de projets privés critiques et de partenariats public-privé.
Structure de gouvernance
Nous cherchons à garantir l'indépendance et la qualité de nos investissements grâce à une gouvernance et une gestion solides.
Senior/Principal Project Developer, Africa50 - Applications Closed
- Position: Senior/Principal Project Developer, Africa50 - Applications Closed
- Location: Casablanca
The Senior/Principal Project Developer role is to provide leadership, management and technical support to ensure the effective development and increased number of bankable projects for Africa50 PD.
- Work across all the infrastructure sectors
- Develop a strong pipeline of project development investment opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge
- Execute Africa50’s project development investments with a strong focus on achieving bankable projects
- Lead negotiation for infrastructure project documents, including Concession Agreements, Purchase Agreements, EPC Contracts, O&M Agreements, Supply Agreements, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the power, transport and utilities sectors, including markets, major operators and technologies
- Have a good understanding of project and concession financing, policy issues, license conditions, tariff regimes and privatizations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local/regional/global infrastructure companies, banking and multilateral partners, suppliers and government officials to further develop the sector, to build consensus around project proposals and develop bankable projects
- Lead and manage project teams, mentor and develop junior staff
- Represent Africa50 in project steering committees and governance bodies, as decided by Africa50 management
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Significant relevant work experience: At least 10 years’ development experience in private or PPP infrastructure projects; Work experience as project developer in the power or transport industries in challenging environments is a plus
- Knowledge of overall infrastructure sector trends; experience in emerging markets especially Africa is a plus
- Strong knowledge of project management and governance, experience in an infrastructure project company during construction and/or operation phase, at senior management level is a plus
- Strong business and project development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively and identify potential business partners
- Ability to generate senior government officials’ support and to create sufficient trust and confidence between investors and governments while developing bankable project structures
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus
- Experience of successfully mentoring/developing junior investment and/or development staff
- Operational experience of implementation of commonly used environmental and social standards in the infrastructure sector; genuine commitment to sustainable development.
Academic and professional qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent
- MBA, MSc or equivalent qualification
- Deep understanding of large scale project development
- Knowledge of how investments are structured
- Strong understanding of project and concession finance
- Sound knowledge of legal, policy, tax and regulatory matters
- Fluent English (French is a plus)
- Technical understanding of the power, transport and utilities sectors.
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop staff
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.