Leadership et Équipe
Rencontrez notre équipe dirigeante et diversifiée de professionnels.
Vision et Valeurs
Africa50 est une plateforme d'investissement dans les infrastructures de premier plan qui accélère la livraison de projets privés critiques et de partenariats public-privé.
Structure de gouvernance
Nous cherchons à garantir l'indépendance et la qualité de nos investissements grâce à une gouvernance et une gestion solides.
Senior Risk Coordinator
The Senior Risk Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Senior Director, Risk to ensure that risks are properly identified and controls are in place to help protect and grow the business.
The Senior Risk Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement the overall risk strategy and policy and ensure risk taken by the corporation is consistent with the Enterprise Risk Management framework and risk management strategy
- Provide input to the risk framework and the risk management strategy of Africa50
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the Enterprise Risk Management framework, tools, practices, and policies to analyze, identify, manage, and report enterprise risks
- Proactively seek and recommend enhancements or adjustments to the risk strategy and policy and Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Ensure the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations and strategic imperatives of the organization
- Conduct risk assessments, identifying strategic, operational, compliance and reporting risks
- Implement Compliance, AML / KYC / CFT (together, “IDD”) procedures, including participation to investee company/investor/LP reviews and providing IDD approvals required at the various stages of the project cycle.
- Respond to IDD requests made of the Africa50 Group by other institutions and work closely with the investment team in responding to IDD issues/questions
- Monitor, analyze and aggregate risks within the organization and report on these risks to the Senior Director, Risk
- Implement compliance with risk policies, procedures and controls consistent with the risk appetite
- Support the implementation of the internal control framework and pro-actively identify and implement internal control improvements
- Assist the Senior Director, Risk with internal audit work
- Assist in implementing education and training to ensure employees have adequate awareness and understanding of the overall risk management strategy, the Enterprise Risk Management framework, other risk-related Africa50 policies and internal control standards
- Work with the Senior Director, Risk to build a continuous risk awareness culture in Africa50
- Contribute to building an environment that is conducive to discussing risk at all staff levels throughout the organization.
- Monitor and share risk management developments in similar organizations
- Stay abreast of industry practices and knowledge
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in Business Economics and/or financial engineering background
- Minimum 7 to 8 years experience in risk, internal control and compliance
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) with proven exposure to senior leadership
- Good time management, project management, and analytical skills
- Self-starter, independent
- In-depth experience with knowledge and understanding of risk management within an investment fund or corporation or a similar entity
- Sensitivity for balancing risk management with business opportunities
- Should be proficient in evaluating controls through established frameworks
- Fluent in English. French is a plus
- Strong relationship to Africa - whether it be origin or a demonstrated long-term interest/commitment. Existing relationships in Africa are a plus
How to Apply
We kindly request that only people meeting all the criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks.