Financial Controller, Africa50 - Applications Open
- Position: Financial Controller, Africa50 - Applications Open
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller will assist him/her in preparation of the statutory accounts, budget preparation and management, cost analysis, forecasting needs and financial reporting
- Support the CFO and COO on managing relationship with shareholder; in particular following capital commitments and calls and answering questions from shareholders on these matters
- Support CFO and coordinate with all key Senior Leadership and/or their teams in preparing annual Operating Budget and forecast (as required).
- Make recommendations and implement the agreed IT solutions for Finance, Treasury and Procurement
- Support CFO in creating the internal controls environment including coordinating with SeniorLeaders to the establishment and implementation of key policies including in IT, HR, Finance and Procurement
- Analyze and communicate monthly financial results including per cost center
- Coordinate General accounting with external accounting firm.
- Coordinate with the HR Group for accurate calculation and timely processing of payroll.
- Manage company cash flows and supplier payments
- Manage the day to day relationship with banks
- Support the CFO in preparing financials documents for Board Meetings and Annual Shareholders Meeting
- Coordinate with auditors for the certification of annual financial statements
- Manage the annual inventory of fixed assets
- Assist the CFO in managing specific contracts such as insurances
- Give financial analysis/budgeting support on specific investment or general projects from time to time
- Perform more general tasks in his/her domain of competence, necessary to achieve the financial department’s mission
- Manage some staff members if necessary and required by the CFO
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in Finance in a large multinational company, of which at least four (4) years will be at a senior level with management experience.
Academic and professional qualification
At least a Master’s Degree in Finance, or any other related discipline
- Business Acumen:
- Knowledge of accounting in accordance with IFRS and other standards
- Strong experience of Preparing and Analyzing financial reports
- Ability to prepare and assess financial statements and budget documents
- Ability to manage cash and relationship with banks
- Ability to manage relationship with external interlocutors including high profile.
- Analyzing and Controlling:
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrated capacity for handling several sensitive tasks at the same time while keeping risk under control.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with high profile interlocutors and confidential matters
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and French