Head of HR and Administration, Africa50 - Applications Open
- Position: Head of HR and Administration, Africa50 - Applications Open
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Reporting to, and partnering with, the CEO and supporting Senior Management, the Director will lead a professional HR team, which will need to be recruited. As a key member of the leadership team, the Director, Human Resources will work in a varied generalist role to develop and lead the HR functions across Africa50 ensuring HR aligns with the Africa50’s strategic business objectives. The HR Director will oversee the recruitment of the staff of the Department and assist the other departments to plan for and recruit staff. S/He will have a critical role for building a highly performing institution using the best policies to recruit, retain and develop talent. In addition S/he will be the Director of Administration, a role that will entail amongst others, the management of Africa50’s fixed and movable assets.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic and results driven with a proven record of establishing HR activities and administration management and delivering effective multi-functional leadership in first class organizations in the public or private sector.
The Director, Human Resources and Administration will have the following responsibilities:
- Attract, build, develop and retain a world class workforce into Africa50;
- Formulate and recommend human resources policies including staff rules and programmes in line with Africa50’s strategies and priorities, in the different areas of Human Resources, including institutional capacity building; career development; performance management, compensation and benefits management, and employee health and well-being;
- Ensure the successful dissemination of those policies across the institution, and the alignment of the policies with international practice and legal requirements;
- Drive a corporate culture throughout Africa50 that rewards creativity, innovation and drive to achieve results;
- Design and implement a transparent Africa50-wide performance management system that fosters productivity and promotes collaboration and effective teamwork across Africa50;
- Manage and supervise HR and administrative staff, supporting them to achieve strategic and operational targets;
- Advise senior management on the vision and strategic framework for the management of its human resources and the supporting policies and practices in order to make the most effective use of Africa50’s staff;
- Plan, organise, direct and coordinate the Human Resources Department's work plan and related resource planning and utilisation; assign projects and programmatic responsibilities; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; meet with staff to prevent and/or identify and resolve problems;
- Carry out Africa50 administrative duties such as to supervise the acquisition of all fixed and movable assets and make sure the office space are adequate and well maintained and in line with all standards for health and safety and security;
- Lead the formulation and proper implementation of policies and programs to ensure effective procurement of assets, services, and works including fixed and movable assets, travel for staff and consultants, and office furniture and other goods;
- Oversee the management of IT functions to deploy a first-rate IT network system.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
• At least a Master’s degree in Human Resources, or any other related discipline;
• A minimum of 15 years relevant experience in Human Resources in a large multinational finance institution or public/private organisation in the financial services industry, of which at least four (4) years will be at a senior management level;
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Strong ability to attract and retain talent;
- Strong generalist HR experience, especially in; (i) supporting managers and staff in planning and implementing change (ii) employee relations, well-being and work life balance, (ii) people search, selection and retention, (iii) compensation design, implementation, and management, (iv) equal opportunities and employment policies, (v) management of HR information systems and processes (vii) performance management and assessment, (vi) people planning, career planning, and succession management;
- Excellent knowledge of HR policies and practices for international investment vehicles operating in emerging markets with particularly good knowledge of compensation and incentive packages implemented by investment vehicles in the private and public sector;
- Proven experience in HR Management theories and principles, policy and strategy development, employee relations, personnel administration and different functional areas of Human resources;
- Sound understanding of the business and operational needs with proven capacity to innovate, promote and direct change initiatives in corporate human resource policies and services in large organizations;
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated capacity for strategic planning;
- Proven ability to identify and articulate policy issues, trade-offs, and priorities to provide sound advice to the CEO and Africa50’s senior management;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to synthesize complex issues, translating this into effective written and oral communication and actionable plans;
Executing for Results
- Commitment to developing, implementing, and promoting flexible hiring policies that attract and retain top talent, ensuring gender balance.
- Must be result autonomous, result oriented, self-motivated and possess the ability to combine both “hands on,” strategy and policy issues;
- Demonstrable experience executing organizational transformational change and improvement of processes;
- Ability and agility to manage complex institutional arrangements to deliver a high performing organisation;
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of performance across functions in a multicultural and distributed organisation;
- Demonstrated superior leadership qualities with a proven track record in managing a highly diverse knowledge work force and developing a work environment that fosters teamwork and innovation;
- Strong ability in leading and mobilising multi-cultural, multi-functional teams with different skill sets;
- Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling environment, including the ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor and develop and evaluate staff;
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Ability to build partnerships and to deliver results aligned with the needs and long-term strategic priorities of Africa50 and its stakeholders;
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to adapt one’s style to different cultural contexts;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity and the ability to build trust and provide consultancy to different stakeholders;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
The Director, Human Resources and Administration will be based in Casablanca, Morocco.
Africa50 intends to offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a full CV together with a supporting statement, briefly highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role, to Africa50@russellreynolds.com. Please include the role title and the reference number 1608-008BL in the subject of your e-mail. All applications will be acknowledged.