Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Africa50 is an infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa's growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalyzing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding.
Africa50 has raised over US$870 million so far from 28 African governments, the African Development Bank, and institutional investors, and intends to reach a target capitalization of US$3 billion. Africa50 has an independent investment process and seeks to generate commercial risk adjusted returns for its investments across key infrastructure sectors: energy (including power generation and related parts of the value chain), midstream gas, transportation, ICT, Health infrastructure, Education and Fintech.
Purpose of role
The Accounting Coordinator role is to support the growth of the finance department in terms of general and analytical accounting, audit, financial administration, integration of new entities in addition to Africa50-Project Finance and Africa50-Project Development and support to portfolio analysis. This role does not have people management responsibilities.
Under the supervision of the Financial Controller
- Ensure overall quality of book-keeping, financial statements, management accounts and other financial reports are up to required standards at all times
- Assist in the preparation and closing of the periodic financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements of investment companies
- Participate to the interaction with internal and external auditors
- Help enhance the quality of the financial reporting taking into account the feedback from the auditors, the Management and the Board
- Assist the Finance Controller in any accounting, financial, administrative, or organizational issue when required
- Assist in portfolio monitoring and reporting activities in collaboration with the Portfolio performance Manager
- Take initiatives for proper, timely action in all matters
- Ensure constant care in all matters
- Endeavour to submit proposals for improvements and cost savings in all aspects within the fields of responsibility
- 8+ years in a renowned international audit firm, investment firm or financial services company
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- University degree from a Tier 1 institution
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel
- Positive attitude
- High sense of integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong prioritizing ability and organizational skills
- Flexibility/adaptability to a fast-growing organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Strong relationship to Africa - whether it be origin or a demonstrated long-term interest/commitment. Existing relationships in Africa are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
Additional information on the position, and how to apply
Africa50 is headquartered in Casablanca - Morocco, and you will enjoy all privileges and immunities granted to international organizations. Staff of the organization will be expected to reside and work in Casablanca, Morocco. Africa50 will provide internationally competitive remuneration and benefits package.
This position will report to the Financial Controller.
If you are interested in this position, click here to Apply Now
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.