Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Communications Officer, Africa50 - On Hold
- Position: Communications Officer, Africa50 - On Hold
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
- Assist the Head of Communications, other departments and senior leadership in the research, design and implementation of the communications strategies
- Assist in the planning and the delivery of internal and external communications activities and events for Africa50
- Write, edit, and enhance presentations, newsletters, articles, promotional materials, etc. using a variety of media
- Plan and monitor the implementation of social media campaigns
- Work closely with the relevant teams in identifying, developing and distributing communications that support and reinforce Africa50 messages, goals and objectives
- Assist in the identification and improvement of communications channels that are user-friendly and regularly accessed by employees and key target audiences
- Create effective content about important updates, news, events and changes
- Speak and write fluent English and use of copyediting tools like spellcheck, online- dictionary, glossary, etc. for correct language, grammar and spelling
- Assist in identifying and implementing methods to measure and track the effectiveness of communications efforts
- Apply diplomacy and decorum at all times in different types of situations and organizational settings
- Manage production suppliers, monitor quality and ensure the timely delivery of communications collaterals
- Actively build and cultivate relationships with team members, peers, leadership and employees across the organization
- Work as an individual contributor in a strong team environment
- Coordinate and/or support events and meetings hosted by Africa50
- Ensure communications adhere to brand standards and internal policies
- Plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously and independently to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to convey information creatively and graphically using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, or any other related discipline;
- Strong time management, coordination and organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years internal and/or external communications experience
- Writing, editing and events management are the major skills needed for this role
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex environments and team dynamics
- Excellent proofing and editing skills with high levels of attention to detail and quality
- Collaborative team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is willing to support projects outside of core responsibilities to support team goals
- Experience coordinating and hosting large-scale global events
- Ability and willingness to travel to different countries for events, meetings and client engagement
- Hands on experience with SharePoint, including html coding, and creating, managing and maintaining SharePoint sites
- Knowledge of design and video software (i.e. Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Publisher)
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities
- Diligent and process oriented
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
Additional Information on the position
Africa50 is headquartered in Casablanca - Morocco, and will enjoy all privileges and immunities granted to international organizations. Staff of the organization will be expected to reside and work in Casablanca, Morocco. Africa50 will provide internationally competitive remuneration and benefits package.