Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Head of Risk, Africa50 - Applications now closed
- Location: Casablanca - Morocco
The Head of Risk will partner with the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that risks are identified and considered in the development of the strategic vision, and proactively managed to balance both the risk and rewards of the business.
The Head of Risk will have the following responsibilities:
- Sets the risk management strategy of Africa50
- Oversees the implementation of the overall risk strategy and policy and adopting, implementing, monitoring and where necessary, leading the adjustment of the risk strategy and policy as well as the setting of risk appetite
- Helps develop an Enterprise Risk Management framework, tools, practices, and policies to analyze, identify, manage, and report enterprise risks
- Ensures the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations and strategic imperatives of the organization
- Coordinates implementation of risk assessments, identifying strategic, operational, compliance and reporting risks
- Oversees Compliance, AML / KYC / CFT procedures implementation
- Monitors, analyzes and aggregates risks within the organization and reports on these risks to the management
- Ensures that business risks are sufficiently mitigated by policies, procedures and controls
- Leads the internal control function, designs internal control framework and pro-actively identifies and implements internal control improvements
- Implements education and training to ensure employees have adequate awareness and understanding of the overall risk strategy and the approved risk policy as well as internal control standards
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to openly discussing risk at all staff levels throughout the organization.
- At least a Bachelors’ degree in Business Economics and/or financial engineering background. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of which at least 6-8 years at a management level
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) with proven exposure to senior leadership
- Good time management, project management, analytical skills
- Self-starter, independent
- In-depth experience with knowledge and understanding of Risk Management within an investment fund or corporation or a similar entity
- Sensitivity for balancing Risk Management with business opportunities
- Should be proficient in evaluating controls through established frameworks
- Fluent in English. French is a plus
- Strong relationship to Africa - whether it be origin or a demonstrated long-term interest/commitment. Existing relationships in Africa are a plus
Additional Information on the position, and How to Apply
Africa50 is headquartered in Casablanca - Morocco, and enjoys all privileges and immunities granted to international organizations. Staff of the organization will be expected to reside and work in Casablanca, Morocco. Africa50 will provide internationally competitive remuneration and benefits package.
This position reports to the CEO