Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
HR and Administration Manager
Africa50 is an infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa's growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalysing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding.
Africa50 has raised over US$885 million so far from 30 African governments, the African Development Bank, and institutional investors, and intends to reach a target capitalization of US$3 billion. Africa50 has an independent investment process and seeks to generate commercial risk-adjusted returns for its investments across four core infrastructure sectors: energy (including power generation and related parts of the value chain), midstream gas, transportation, ICT, health and education.
The HR & Admin Manager will assist the department with:
- The implementation of different actions, initiatives and programs in the different areas of Human Resources, including institutional capacity building; career development; performance management, compensation and benefits management, and employee health and well-being.
- Ensure the successful dissemination of the HR policies across the institution and the alignment of the policies with international practice and legal requirements.
- Assist with driving a corporate culture throughout Africa50 that rewards creativity, innovation and drive to achieve results.
- Carry out Africa50 administrative duties such as supervising the acquisition of all fixed and movable assets and making sure the office space is well maintained and in line with all health and safety and security standards.
- Assist with the formulation and proper implementation of policies and programs to ensure effective procurement of assets and services including fixed and movable assets, travel for staff and consultants, among others.
- Take ownership of the following processes as assigned by the HR Director
- Help with the recruitment process - candidate pre-selection, contacting candidates and scheduling interview sessions
- Create employee files for new hires.
- Prepare onboarding packages for new hires.
- Ensure that all vacant positions are correctly advertised on the career page of the Africa50 website
Learning and Development:
- Identify and select relevant suppliers for various training programmes for staff.
- Develop a training plan, consolidated from the IDPs.
- Close monitoring of the training budget.
- Assist employees with the performance management electronic system.
- Keep records of employee job description(s), individual development plans, appraisals and training logs.
- Prepare certificate of work and salary as well as all documents related to the obtention of diplomatic cards, customs clearance etc.
- Assist new colleagues with their relocation processes.
- Ensure the organization of all HR-related events (Team Building, Training, etc.).
- Ensure that data in the HR system(s) are up to date.
- Assist the HR Director in HR and Administration projects as needed.
Essential Qualifications and Experiences:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or any other related discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a similar role.
Behavioural and interpersonal competencies
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values.
- Strong connection to Africa and clear intent to have an Africa-focused career.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities.
- Diligent and process-oriented.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop staff.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
The position will be based in Casablanca, Morocco.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, click here to Apply Now.
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.