Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Investment Analyst, Africa50 – Applications now closed
- Position: Investment Analyst, Africa50 – Applications now closed
- Location: Casablanca
The Investment Analyst role is to contribute to the investment team by providing core Financial modelling analysis, research and other required support to enable sound investment decisions.
- Build and maintain project finance models
- Conduct industry, market and company research
- Participate in all aspects of A50’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement
- Participate to the execution of A50’s project development investments with a strong focus on achieving bankable projects
- Support the senior investment team members in negotiations with sponsors, lenders, and public authorities
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences
- Assist in supervising investments in portfolio companies.
- Support the investment team in non-core investment activities (marketing, corporate initiatives, recruitment, etc.)
- 2 to 5 years’ prior experience in infrastructure project development and/or project finance within:
- project finance / infrastructure / power department of a Tier 1 international investment bank
- project or business development department of a Tier 1 power / transport IPP or developer
- infrastructure department in a Development Finance Institution
- infrastructure / PPP department of a transaction / financial advisory firm
- infrastructure private equity fund with exposure to early to mid-stage project development
- MBA, MsC or Bachelor (or equivalent) from a Tier 1 university
- Positive attitude
- High Integrity
- Strong work ethic – this role will regularly require late nights/weekends/travel
- High initiative
- Clarity of thought and action
- Flexibility / adaptability to a fast-growing organization
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Demonstrated experience in emerging markets, Africa a plus Strong understanding of the power, transport and utilities sectors
- Understanding of project finance including PPP project structuring,
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills across sub sectors (power, transport, telecom)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, French a plus)
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with sponsors, partners and colleagues;
- Culturally sensitive, able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus
- Prior knowledge of African infrastructure and relationships in Africa are a plus