Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Investment Officer, Africa50 – Applications now closed
- Position: Investment Officer, Africa50 – Applications now closed
- Location: Casablanca
The Investment Officer role is to execute project transactions and identify opportunities to ensure the effective development and increased number of bankable projects for Africa50 PD.
- Work across all the infrastructure sectors, with a focus on the power sector
- Participate in the development of a strong pipeline opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge
- Execute A50’s project development investments with a strong focus on achieving bankable projects
- Develop a thorough understanding of the power sector, including market major operators and technologies
- Participate and/or lead negotiations of investment documents, with sponsors, lenders, and public authorities
- Have a good understanding and the ability to structure investments
- Have a good understanding of project and concession financing, policy issues, license conditions, tariff regimes
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local/regional/global/infrastructure companies, banking and multilateral partners, suppliers and government officials to further develop the sector and specific investment opportunities
- Supervise investments in portfolio companies.
- 6 to 10 years’ investment and industry experience in project development, investment and/or project finance in the power sector, PPP and IPP: power generation and distribution, renewables, hydropower, CCGT, etc. within:
- A utility / concessions company
- The project finance / infrastructure / power department of a Tier 1 international investment bank
- The infrastructure department in a Development Finance Institution
- The infrastructure / PPP department of a transaction / financial advisory firm
- An infrastructure private equity fund with exposure to early to mid-stage project development
- Hold a degree in Engineering
- Project management experience (certification a plus)
- Solid understanding of Concession, PPA, EPC, O&M contracts
- Demonstrated track record of at least 2 transactions in the power sector
- Awareness of the latest trends and developments in financing power infrastructures
- Positive attitude
- Indefatigable work ethic – this role will regularly require late nights/weekends/travel
- Self-starter. High initiative
- Clarity of thought and action
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Strong connection to Africa and intent to have Africa focused career
- Strong understanding of the power and utilities sectors, knowledge and understanding of the transport sector are a plus
- Strong understanding of PPP project structuring and project finance
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively and identify potential business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and French)
- Superb organizational and deal management capabilities.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with sponsors, partners and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Emerging markets experience
- Prior knowledge of African infrastructure and relationships in Africa are a plus