Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Portfolio Performance and Procurement Coordinator
Africa50 is an infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa's growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalysing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding.
Africa50 has raised over US$885 million so far from 30 African governments, the African Development Bank, and institutional investors, and intends to reach a target capitalization of US$3 billion. Africa50 has an independent investment process and seeks to generate commercial risk-adjusted returns for its investments across four core infrastructure sectors: energy (including power generation and related parts of the value chain), midstream gas, transportation, ICT, health and education.
Purpose of role
As Portfolio Performance and Procurement Coordinator, you will contribute to management of investment data, maintenance of its quality and assist the Portfolio Performance Director in valuation reviews, periodic performance reviews of investments and performance reporting. You will also collaborate effectively with other colleagues within the Finance department and the Company at large.
The position sits within the Finance department.
Under the supervision of the Director, Portfolio Performance and Procurement, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Portfolio Performance and Monitoring duties:
- Ensure collection and maintenance of up-to-date investment data for the purpose of portfolio monitoring, valuation and reporting.
- Support the monitoring and analysis of industry trends, monitoring and reviewing the financial and operational performance of portfolio projects.
- Support valuations review and coordination of the valuation process.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reporting on investment performance and activity to Management, the Investment Committee and the Board.
- Assist in areas related to investment data, monitoring, and valuation when required.
- Provide assistance to support internal and external audit processes.
- Assist from time to time on other Finance related matters.
- Handle all confidential matters tactfully
Procurement main duties:
- Ensuring that the company and staff comply with the Procurement Policy at all times.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in private equity, investment banking or equity research.
- Demonstrated academic excellence.
- University degree from a Tier 1 institution.
- Positive attitude.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent financial modelling skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Flexibility/adaptability to a fast-growing organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values.
- Demonstrated experience in emerging markets, Africa a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business intelligence solutions such as Capital IQ and/or Bloomberg will be an asset.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical capabilities.
- Culturally sensitive, able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus.
The position will be based in Casablanca, Morocco.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, click here to Apply Now.
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.