Processes and Execution Director, Project Development
Africa50 is an investment platform, focused exclusively on Africa's infrastructure investment opportunities. It is an independent, profit-driven, commercially managed entity that provides a means for private sector investors to bring capital to infrastructure development, while securing a commercial return. Africa50 is focusing on large-scale, transformative, commercially and developmentally sustainable infrastructure projects. It prioritizes investments in high-impact national and regional projects in the energy, transport, information communication technology and midstream gas sectors and expands to other economically viable and impactful sectors such as healthcare, education, and fintech. Africa50 - Project Development seeks to increase the number of bankable infrastructure projects. It invests early-stage equity and quasi-equity and engages with stakeholders throughout the deal cycle with the aim of accelerating project implementation. Africa50 - Project Finance engages stakeholders near to or after financial close. It provides equity and quasi-equity with flexible exit options. Africa50 leverages shareholders countries’ capital commitment to mobilize long-term savings from within and outside Africa. The result should be a significant contribution to efforts that ensure sustained economic growth on the African continent.
The Processes and Execution Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Be the driving force on all relevant priorities/projects that contribute to better performances of the Project Development (PD) team.
- Be the point of contact for the different support functions of Africa50 Group and streamline interactions between PD and those internal partners.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the PD governance activities (reviews, retreats, operational team meetings, etc.).
- Work closely with (PD) management team to continuously improve the performances of the Project Development team.
- Drive and continuously improve the framework of PD activities management (KPIs, Processes, operational reviews, etc.) through the development of a comprehensive quality management system.
- Regularly provide updates to the Managing Director and other key stakeholders (internal and external) on the progress and execution of PD activities.
- Drive the contribution of PD in the corporate strategy definition and ensure its execution through recommendations and actionable content for the Project Development team.
- Monitor the progress of the execution process and provide recommendations on eventual adjustments.
- Identify key market trends and the relevant partnerships that need to be established.
- Build a network of partners in the Infrastructure Investment and SWF ecosystems , in close cooperation with the corporate functions.
- Monitor the execution of PD commitments towards external stakeholders.
- Advise PD management on internal and external communication.
- Lead communication function within the Project Development team and ensure its deployment.
- Ensure the valorisation and visibility of PD projects impacts and achievements.
- Define, with the PD team, the events attendance policy and the main events to attend.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Business Administration, or any other related discipline.
- A minimum of 13 years relevant experience in Strategy & Communications and operations in a large multinational finance institution or public/private organization, of which at least five (5) years will be at a senior management level.
- A good understanding of current trends in infrastructure development and financing in Africa.
- Strong connection to Africa and intent to pursue an Africa-focused career.
- Ability to define and implement communication strategies.
- Ability to define and implement activities management.
- Ability to define and deploy quality management systems and a risk framework.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to implement and monitor.
- Interest in Africa50’s mission.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities.
- Diligent and process oriented.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop staff.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Administration, Communication or any other related discipline.
Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
This position will be based in Casablanca, Morocco.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, click here to Apply Now.
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.