Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Senior Investment Analyst, Africa50 Infrastructure Acceleration Fund
About the Fund
The Africa50 Infrastructure Acceleration Fund (IAF) is a new pan-African Infrastructure Fund established with a vision to positively contribute to economic growth and development of the African continent, and a goal of investing profitably, responsibly, and sustainably in infrastructure projects and services. The Fund is sponsored by Africa50, anchored by African institutional investors, and is targeting like-minded Investors whose interests and investments in Africa are aligned. The Fund is independently managed by an experienced Investment Team, with an Investment Committee deeply rooted in Africa and with strong expertise on the continent.
The Fund is intended to be a 12-year closed-ended fund targeting US$500 million of capital commitments to be raised over multiple closings, and investing in target sectors including power, transportation, ICT, midstream gas, healthcare infrastructure, and education.
As an Analyst you will support the investment team in all facets of transaction execution and will contribute to the investment team’s performance by providing core financial analysis/modeling, investment research, high-quality investment memorandum materials, and other required support to enable sound investment decisions. You will enjoy close interaction with highly experienced senior members of the investment team and will gain broad commercial exposure to infrastructure assets and growth-focused businesses.
- Prepare rigorous financial analyses and build financial models to support investment decision making
- Conduct industry, market, and company research
- Prepare investment memorandum materials for internal and external audiences
- Source compelling investment opportunities
- Provide live deal support on deal execution
- Participate in all aspects of the investment cycle including origination, screening, due diligence, execution, disbursement, and portfolio management
- Ensure the maintenance of high environmental and social standards in the fund’s investments
- Participate in investment negotiations
- Monitor portfolio companies and perform analysis of potential exit opportunities
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- 3 years prior experience in investment banking (M&A/Leveraged Finance, Power, & Utilities), private equity, or project finance
- Prior equity investment experience on live completed transactions is a must
- Demonstrated experience in emerging markets, Africa a plus
- Understanding of the power, utilities, transport, and ICT sectors
- Understanding of project finance including deal structuring, project capital structures, and key documentation
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills across sub-sectors (power, midstream gas, transport, communications / digital infrastructure)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -and fluency in English (French is a good plus)
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, with great attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with sponsors, partners, and colleagues
- Culturally sensitive, able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus
- Prior knowledge of African infrastructure and relationships in Africa is a plus
- University degree from a Tier 1 institution
- High Integrity
- Strong work ethic – this role will regularly require late nights/weekends/travel
- High levels of personal initiative
- Clarity of thought and action
- Flexibility/adaptability to a fast-growing organization
Full-time, Early 2022
Casablanca Office; Morocco / Abidjan Office; Côte d’Ivoire
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, click here to Apply Now.
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.