Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
Senior Investment Analyst, Project Finance
- Position: Senior Investment Analyst, Project Finance
- Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Africa50 is an infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa's growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalyzing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding.
Africa50 has raised over US$870 million so far from 28 African governments, the African Development Bank, and institutional investors, and intends to reach a target capitalization of US$3 billion. Africa50 has an independent investment process and seeks to generate commercial risk adjusted returns for its investments across four core infrastructure sectors: energy (including power generation and related parts of the value chain), midstream gas, transportation, and ICT.
The Project Finance Investment Team makes private equity investments into late stage projects, growth companies and platform businesses, alongside lead sponsors and entrepreneurs.
Purpose of role
The Senior Investment Analyst role is to contribute to the investment team by providing core financial analysis/modelling, investment research, high quality investment memorandum materials and other required support to enable sound investment decisions.
- Prepare rigorous financial analyses and build financial models to support investment decision making
- Conduct industry, market, and company research
- Prepare investment memorandum materials for internal and external audiences
- Source compelling investment opportunities
- Provide live deal support on deal execution
- Participate in all aspects of the investment cycle including origination, screening, due diligence, execution, disbursement, and portfolio management
- Ensure the maintenance of high environmental and social standards in A50’s investments
- Participate in investment negotiations
- Monitor portfolio companies and perform analysis of potential exit opportunities
- 2 to 3 years prior experience in investment banking (M&A / Leveraged Finance, Power & Utilities), project finance, or private equity
- Prior equity investment experience on live completed transactions is a must
- University degree from a Tier 1 institution
- Positive attitude
- High Integrity
- Strong work ethic – this role will regularly require late nights/weekends/travel
- High levels of personal initiative
- Clarity of thought and action
- Flexibility / adaptability to a fast-growing organization
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in emerging markets, Africa a plus
- Understanding of the power, utilities, transport, and ICT sectors
- Understanding of project finance including deal structuring, project capital structures, and key documentation
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills across sub sectors (power, midstream gas, transport, communications / digital infrastructure)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, French a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with sponsors, partners, and colleagues
- Culturally sensitive, able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds; living experience in emerging countries is a plus
- Prior knowledge of African infrastructure and relationships in Africa are a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please send a full CV together with a supporting statement, briefly highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role, to email@example.com. Please include the role title in the subject of your e-mail. All applications will be acknowledged.