Africa50 prioritises investment in the Power, Transport, ICT and Midstream gas sectors.
To be eligible for Africa50 funding, a project should meet several criteria. It should:
- Be predominantly private sector or undertaken under a public private partnership framework (PPP).
- Be mid-to-large scale, generally with a project value over $100 million. Smaller projects may be considered exceptionally on a case-by-case basis.
- Relate to Africa50’s priority sectors: Power, Transport, Midstream Gas and ICT. Other infrastructure sectors may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be technically and financially sound.
- Be supported by reputable partners with relevant track records.
- Be beneficial to the local economy.
- Meet world-class environmental, social, and governance standards.
A project may be of interest even if it does not comply with all of the above criteria, as long as it is a good early- or later- stage investment opportunity.
A preliminary development or investment proposal should, among other things, include a brief description of the project, the project’s development status, and the amount of financing already available, as well as information on the track-record of the developer and other partners and financiers. Note that Africa50 only takes strategic minority stakes in projects, principally equity or quasi-equity. Potential developers need to demonstrate that they have other sources of funding necessary to complete the financing plan.
After initial contact and review, Africa50 may request additional information to determine whether to partner on the project.
Bringing project development and financing together in one organization, Africa50 seeks to provide support at every stage of the project cycle.Read more
Projects & Investments
We focus on medium to large scale infrastructure projects that have a significant development impact while seeking to offer attractive returns to investors.Read more
Join Africa50 in finding innovative solutions to respond to Africa’s most critical and pressing infrastructure challenges.Read more