Focus Sectors & Criteria
We prioritize investment in the power, ICT, transport, and midstream gas sectors.
Bringing project development and financing together in one organization, Africa50 seeks to provide support at every stage of the project cycle.
Join Africa50 in finding innovative solutions to respond to Africa’s most critical and pressing infrastructure challenges.
Africa50 – Project Finance
Poa Internet is an Internet Service Provider delivering reliable internet to under-served communities in Kenya at very low rates. It currently has over 12,000 home internet customers, as well as tens of thousands of street Wi-Fi customers across Nairobi.
Africa50, Novastar, Poa Internet
- Poa's solution helps bridge Africa's digital divide by increasing access to reliable and affordable internet to low-and medium income communities that were previously unconnected.
- Greater access to education, other e-services, revenue generation activities, and more broadly, GDP growth in Kenya and other markets.
- Potential to improve connectivity at schools without access.
- Poa’s solution is offered at a significantly cheaper price than alternative providers (more than 50% cheaper).
- As part of its operations, Poa is committed to implement best practices in terms of energy efficiency, waste management, etc. and is continuously monitoring and improving its environmental performance.
- As part of the Series C investment, Poa will implement an updated ESG action plan.
- 89 employees (February 2022).