Africa50 – Project Finance
Poa Internet is an Internet Service Provider delivering reliable internet to under-served communities in Kenya at very low rates. It currently has over 12,000 home internet customers, as well as tens of thousands of street Wi-Fi customers across Nairobi.
- Poa's solution helps bridge Africa's digital divide by increasing access to reliable and affordable internet to low-and medium income communities that were previously unconnected.
- Greater access to education, other e-services, revenue generation activities, and more broadly, GDP growth in Kenya and other markets.
- Potential to improve connectivity at schools without access.
- Poa’s solution is offered at a significantly cheaper price than alternative providers (more than 50% cheaper).
- As part of its operations, Poa is committed to implement best practices in terms of energy efficiency, waste management, etc. and is continuously monitoring and improving its environmental performance.
- As part of the Series C investment, Poa will implement an updated ESG action plan.
- 192 employees.