- An experienced investment team with a track record of deal-making.
- Close relationships with our shareholders to help overcome project development hurdles.
- Access to deal flow from project development work and dialogue with shareholders.
- Jurisdiction-specific risk mitigation through high-level public sector engagement.
- Access to competitive finance, including long-term debt from the African Development Bank and other DFIs.
- Commitment to following internationally recognized environmental, social, and governance standards.
- A private sector approach to decision-making and execution.
- Acting as a bridge between its government shareholders and private investors.
- Developing the investment-ready, bankable projects investors seek.
- Leveraging its equity investment to access debt financing.
- Convincing institutional investors of the advantages of investing in African infrastructure.
Bringing project development and financing together in one organization, Africa50 seeks to provide support at every stage of the project cycle.
Focus Sectors & Criteria
We prioritize investment in the power, ICT, transport, and midstream gas sectors.
Projects & Investments
We focus on medium to large scale infrastructure projects that have a significant development impact while seeking to offer attractive returns to investors.