Africa50’s second investment through a new baseload power platform called Azura Power Limited (APL). CTRG is a 175MW gas fired power plant based in Mozambique. An economic interest in the asset was acquired from Sasol.
- The project has improved access to electricity for Mozambicans: 175MW of gas fired generation capacity that serves as a critical asset, providing ~15% of nationally supplied power.
- CTRG supports Mozambique’s gas to power strategy, a country with significant onshore and offshore gas reserves (150 Tcf), the third-largest reserve volume in Africa.
- As The company has a solid ESG Management
- System based on International standards and an Environmental and Social Action Plan.
- Significant local job creation with 500+ temporary job opportunities created during the construction phase and ~50 permanent employment opportunities created during operational phase.