Focus Sectors & Criteria
We prioritize investment in the power, ICT, transport, and midstream gas sectors.
Bringing project development and financing together in one organization, Africa50 seeks to provide support at every stage of the project cycle.
Join Africa50 in finding innovative solutions to respond to Africa’s most critical and pressing infrastructure challenges.
Africa50’s second investment through a new baseload power platform called Azura Power Limited (APL). CTRG is a 175MW gas fired power plant based in Mozambique. An economic interest in the asset was acquired from Sasol.
Azura Power Limited (APL)
- The project has improved access to electricity for Mozambicans: 175MW of gas fired generation capacity that serves as a critical asset, providing ~15% of nationally supplied power.
- CTRG supports Mozambique’s gas to power strategy, a country with significant onshore and offshore gas reserves (150 Tcf), the third-largest reserve volume in Africa.
- As The company has a solid ESG Management
- System based on International standards and an Environmental and Social Action Plan.
- Significant local job creation with 500+ temporary job opportunities created during the construction phase and ~50 permanent employment opportunities created during operational phase.