Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Our investor base is currently composed of 28 African countries, two African central banks and the African Development Bank, with more expected to join soon.
Working with us
Find out more about our latest vacancies. We recruit talent from across Africa and the world. We value teamwork and diversity, learning from and being inspired by each other.
Monhla Wilma Hlahla
Monhla is a highly experienced executive and business leader with a track record of more than 35 years in infrastructure development and management. She is a leading Public-Sector manager and thought leader with a proven track record in successfully managing and leading State-Owned Enterprises.
Monhla has a depth of experiences in corporate governance, based on a demonstrated history of nonexecutive directorships in a variety of industries such Infrastructure development and finance, Utilities, Aviation, Transportation and logistics, Skills and leadership training, Insurance and investment management. She was recently appointed non-executive director of Africa50 and an alternate independent director of AFREXIM Bank.
Monhla served as a Chairperson of various companies such as the Johannesburg Water Utility, the Trans-Caledon Water Authority (TCTA), Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and Denel SOC Limited. She is currently Chairperson of Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH).
Her experiences are a combination of strong operational experiences and extensive exposure to private and public sector governance and leadership, that places Monhla uniquely among the leading Executive Coaches from the African continent.
- Between 2001 and 2011, Monhla Hlahla held the position of Managing Director of the Airports Company SA (ACSA). Under her management, ACSA embarked on its biggest ever capital expenditure programme to cater for the increasing number of passengers going through South African airports.
- In 2001 and 2002, she was ranked in the Top 12 of the Top 300 Business Personalities in South Africa. In 2002, Prestige Rapport/City Press recognised her as one of the country’s most Inspirational Women Achievers. Tribute Magazine named her one of its Women of Substance in the same year.
- In 2005, both the Black Business Quarterly and the Businesswomen’s Association named her Businesswoman of The Year. She was also named Most Outstanding Woman Manager in a state-owned enterprise by the International Quality & Productivity Centre.
- In 2009, Monhla received an acknowledgement from the African Women Chartered Accountants Association as the association’s “Woman of Substance”. The Black Management Forum also bestowed upon her the title of Business Personality of The Year.
- In 2014 Monhla was awarded the Chevalier de la Legion d’ Honneur by the President of France.
Education and Training
Monhla holds a BA Hons (Economics) from Pomona College in the US, an MA in Urban Planning from the University of California in Los Angeles, and an AMP from INSEAD in France. She completed and received several certificates for short courses during her long executive career.