Leadership & Team
Meet our Leadership and diverse team of professionals.
Our Vision & Values
Our investments are designed to drive competitive returns while also advancing development goals, in accordance with our mandate, vision and values.
Structure & Governance
We seek to ensure the independence and quality of our investments through strong governance and management.
To lead and manage Africa50 Group’s Communications Strategy in support of its mission to contribute to African economic growth and development through investments in Infrastructure. This is a critical role whose focus is to lead on the strategic direction of Afria50’s communications, including public relations, digital strategy, stakeholder management, marketing and internal and external communications, ensuring that all are aligned with Africa50’s overall strategy and mandate.
- Leading the planning, organizing and coordination of the activities of the Communications Unit
- Managing and having oversight responsibility for the Communications team including recruitment, career development and mentoring
- Acting as the firm’s spokesperson on the instructions of the COO and CEO when required
- Advising the COO and Senior Management on public relations and communication issues within and outside the organisation
- Supervising the implementation of Africa50’s communication strategy,
- Enhancing knowledge and communications to stakeholders in both shareholder and target shareholder countries, regions and institutions
- Preparing and implementing information-sharing tools to keep key stakeholders abreast of Africa50’s activities, projects and achievements
- Preparing and implementing communication & PR programs to support Africa50’s activities.
- Position Africa50 as a thought leader through the publication of articles in leading print and digital journals both in Africa and internationally;
- Speechwriting and content development for Senior executives within the organization for conferences, webinars and other such events;
- Ensuring the production and distribution of high quality and informative brochures, publications, press reviews, audio-visual as well as digital materials for the media and public to enhance Africa50’s image, and maintaining good and close working relations with all key media companies
- Preparing and disseminating press releases, as well as organizing and conducting press conferences and seminars for projects and events such as Shareholder meetings
- Producing bulletins, information circulars, as well as other publications on Africa50 activities for regular circulation to all staff, so as to enhance understanding of Management’s objectives and initiatives
- Implementing Africa50’s information disclosure policy and ensuring that information about the organisation reaches its various audiences through the appropriate channels
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to enhance communication and support activities such as fund raising, project development and investment
Key areas of responsibility
Strategy and Management
- Formulate and implement Africa50’s Group communications strategy to support the delivery of its corporate objectives by delivering impactful communications campaigns
- Lead strategic communications for Africa50 Group, including portfolio companies/ projects, where required
- Develop and shape Africa50 Groups’ brand and visual identity and manage and enhance our brand equity with guidance from the COO and CEO
- Lead and manage a team of professionals in the execution of the communications strategy and action plans
- Execute strategic communications projects (e.g. website development, special communications initiatives)
- Negotiate requisite agreements with service providers and monitor the delivery of services and products accordingly
- Develop and manage the communications budget, allocating resources strategically.
Media and Public Relations
- Identify PR opportunities and lead on requisite media campaigns
- Nurture relationships and build advocacy among key media networks across Africa and internationally, including but not limited to: news media (both print and digital) and other specialist media relevant to infrastructure and areas impacting infrastructure investment including climate change, environmental and social governance issues
- Collaborate with both external and internal stakeholders including shareholders, project sponsors, partners and others to showcase Africa50’s work and impact with compelling content and develop multimedia assets where necessary
- Develop relationships with like-minded institutions and organisations that can add value to Africa50’s mission
- Create strategies to deal with crisis communications, liaising with and advising senior management on communications strategies, issues and implement crisis communications plans accordingly.
Content Development and Public Speaking Support
- Write speeches and develop content for management’s public speaking activities and media interviews
- Supervised the development of compelling, research-based and mission-aligned opinion pieces and articles for publication in targeted media outlets
- Oversee the development of all content to be featured in Africa50’s preferred communications channels
Events and protocol management
- Plan and oversee event and protocol management tasks related to events organized by Africa50, and the participation of official Africa50 delegations to third-party events. It includes event conceptualization, project coordination, delegates protocol and logistics, technical production aspects and content development
- Identify key events that are of interest for Africa50, develop an annual event plan and secure participation for executives where appropriate
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic leadership and management of Africa50 Groups digital channels, including websites, social media channels, email marketing and intranet, identifying opportunities to increase and improve our digital presence and make an impact with these channels.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A strong track record of relevant and progressive experience (including being in a managerial position) in senior communications fields (corporate, non-profit and/or foundation) including public relations, journalism, marketing or related area
- Strong network of media outlets and ability to work well with representatives from its different sectors across Africa and international markets that are key to Africa50’s activities
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to implement and monitor mass communication programs and campaigns
- Media relations training and experience, with the ability to detect and monitor emerging media interest in a matter and manage issues of media interest that affect Africa50 and its diverse audiences
- Exceptional writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, with a portfolio demonstrating published works and high-level creative, thoughtful and polished multi-media communications collateral (print, audio, video, digital)
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship management skills, with the ability to handle critical and sensitive situations
Academic and professional qualification
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Understanding of and experience with various media monitoring tools
- Experience in developing and managing brand identities, design standards and messaging frameworks
- Strong attention to detail
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities
- Diligent and process oriented
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop staff
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development
- Willingness to travel extensively.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, click here to Apply Now.
We kindly request that only people meeting all the profile's criteria highlighted above apply to this position. We will contact the shortlisted candidates within four weeks maximum.