Internship - Africa50 IAF
Africa50 is a pan-African infrastructure investment platform that contributes to Africa's growth by developing and investing in bankable projects, catalyzing public sector capital, and mobilizing private sector funding.
The Africa50 Infrastructure Acceleration Fund (IAF) is a new pan-African Infrastructure Fund established with a vision to positively contribute to the economic growth and development of the African continent, and a goal of investing profitably, responsibly, and sustainably in infrastructure projects and services. The Fund is sponsored by Africa50, anchored by African institutional investors, and is targeting like-minded investors whose interests and investments in Africa are aligned. The Fund is managed by an experienced Investment Team, with an Investment Committee deeply rooted in Africa and with strong expertise on the continent.
The Fund is conceived to be a 12-year closed-ended fund targeting US$500 million of capital commitments to be raised over multiple closings, and investing in target sectors including Power and Energy, Transport and Logistics, Water and Sanitation, and Digital and Social Infrastructure.
Objectives of the internship
The internship enables participants to be a part of the growth story of a dynamic and growing pan-African organization. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of infrastructure project finance, improve their financial modelling skills, within an entrepreneurial environment, and gain first-hand exposure to aspects of African infrastructure private equity.
The intern will support other members of the IAF Investment Team. The main tasks will include:
- Industry and company research
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Transaction and due diligence support
- Portfolio company monitoring
- Preparation of presentation materials and investment memos
The IAF team is seeking undergraduate and graduate candidates:
- Fluent in English (French is a plus)
- Prior experience in investment banking/private equity and/or strategic consulting, infrastructure funds, transaction advisory
- Positive attitude
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic
- High initiative
- Clarity of thought and action
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Interest in the IAF’s mission, strategy and values
- Demonstrable interest/experience in emerging markets, specifically Africa
- Strong financial modeling and company valuation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with partners and colleagues
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
Duration and location
- 6-month internship offered
- The role is based in Casablanca, Morocco, with flexible working arrangements and potentially with travel within Sub-Saharan Africa
If you are interested in this position, click here to apply